Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Patriotism or what?

It is widely acknowledged that I can't sing, hum, whistle or do anything musical (by some weird twist I am a good dancer but more on this later). And DD is only marginally better though I have to admit he whistles really well. And really if you heard him sing after me, you would probably think he was a good singer as well.

But I digress. Last night both of us were taking turns to entertain Squiggles as nothing (yes that includes milk) would soothe her. DD took over and started whistling lullabys which after my tuneless rendition of some old mohammed rafi number calmed her down. Now since DD is not big on hindi music, he soon ran out of songs (and no I don't know why he didn't switch to heavy metal). But the father in him rose to the challenge and out popped the Indian National Anthem!!! He whistled the ENTIRE anthem!

It did take me a while to figure it out but when I did I was in hoops of laughter... please tell me, has anyone else done this before... sung their country's national anthem to quieten their child? As an after thought, do you think I need to stand at attention if he decides to try it again?

Jai Hind!

No comments: