Saturday, April 18, 2009
In my case, it was something similar but not as subtle. If I remember correctly, Moppet's Mom deduced that it was the singing that was preventing the baby from falling alseep. In Squiggle land, it was a bit more clearer. It was VERY clear actually.
I mean how can you mis-interpret 'No singing'. That's really clear isn't it. When your 22 month old says loudly at bed time 'No singing', and she says it right when you start singing, then I guess even the dumbest of moms would get it. The 'No singing' was meant for me!!!
Again I'm too lazy to link up, but in the early days, I had done a post raving about benefits of being a mom, one of which was the privilege of being able to sing without anyone asking me to shut up. Guess that was short lived! It only took 22 months :).
Tagged by Leaving1302 and forced to shake off my inertia and come out of hibernation :). I am to share five things I love about being a mom. Ah, this should be easy..........
1. I love being a mom because I have my own little doll to play with. She provides me with full time entertainment. There is never a dull moment in the house. I look forward to coming home after work each evening and being surprised by something I could never have imagined.
2. Being a mom has taught me to appreciate the smaller things in life. I have re-discovered the joy of spotting the moon and exclaiming over it; looking for a red bus on the road and marvelling at its size; pretending to heal a hurt with a kiss.... I look at the same things but through someone else's eyes.... innocent eyes, and the world looks all different now.
3. I love being a mom because all it takes to lift me out of a crappy mood is the sound of laughter and the sunny smile that dawns on my angel's (or devil, depending on the day) face. I could be infuriated and it can all melt away, just like that.
4. I love being a mom because I get so many hugs and kisses and I mean the world to someone. It's such a great feeling when S runs across the length of the room and hugs me or decides that one kiss isn't enough and showers me with many.
5. And the best part about being a mom is that someone doesn't mind snuggling against you all night and is willing to be crushed :). There's a strong reference to someone else here!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I woke up last Sunday and groggily walked out of my room to see S on the pot going through her morning rituals with my helper at hand. So, I'm in my old pyjamas, hair tousled and still rubbing my eyes when S pipes up in a sing song voice with a huge sweet smile on her face and says ............
Well let me tell you this that if I had been sitting on a chair I would have fallen off. Now to refresh your memory she's only 21 months old. I don't know if all kids say stuff like this or not but clearly I wasn't prepared. The only consolation was that I was sure she had no idea what it meant because I clearly did not fit the picture of a sexy mama. Oh no.
The same day I got shock no. 2. We were heading out and waiting for the lift when Ms. S, again with a big smile pipes up, "Shut up, shut up, shut up". WTF??? She doesn't go to school and she's already saying stuff which I cannot believe. My helper got a bit upset but I've convinced her that if we ignore these words, we'll be better off because she's more likely to forget them. But really, are your kids saying all this as well? It's been over a week and she hasn't said it since *anti-jinx*.
Oh and I forgot. My mom told me about this incident which is very funny too. Apparently S was wearing a long sleeves shirt one morning and the maid told her she was looking very pretty. But S disagreed. She said, "NO! No cut cut". Implying that she wasn't looking pretty because she wasn't wearing a short sleeve/sleeveless top! I know. Kids are crazy. And she doesn't get to watch much TV. Imagine if she was watching all those Hindi MTV channels with the gyrating women in no clothes *shudder*.
Oh, and the little miss is in love with my heels. I have acquired quite a few pairs recently which has not gone unnoticed by the little fashionista. This is the result.
She's chattering nineteen to the dozen as well. She can sing songs. She hums the first line of the song 'Bol na halke halke' from 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom'. Her favourite rhyme is Incy Wincy Spider and Wheels on the Bus. What is with 'Wheels on the Bus'. Kids just love it.
Anyways, hope you're all fine and keeping well. Hope to be back soon again.