Saturday, April 18, 2009
In my case, it was something similar but not as subtle. If I remember correctly, Moppet's Mom deduced that it was the singing that was preventing the baby from falling alseep. In Squiggle land, it was a bit more clearer. It was VERY clear actually.
I mean how can you mis-interpret 'No singing'. That's really clear isn't it. When your 22 month old says loudly at bed time 'No singing', and she says it right when you start singing, then I guess even the dumbest of moms would get it. The 'No singing' was meant for me!!!
Again I'm too lazy to link up, but in the early days, I had done a post raving about benefits of being a mom, one of which was the privilege of being able to sing without anyone asking me to shut up. Guess that was short lived! It only took 22 months :).
Tagged by Leaving1302 and forced to shake off my inertia and come out of hibernation :). I am to share five things I love about being a mom. Ah, this should be easy..........
1. I love being a mom because I have my own little doll to play with. She provides me with full time entertainment. There is never a dull moment in the house. I look forward to coming home after work each evening and being surprised by something I could never have imagined.
2. Being a mom has taught me to appreciate the smaller things in life. I have re-discovered the joy of spotting the moon and exclaiming over it; looking for a red bus on the road and marvelling at its size; pretending to heal a hurt with a kiss.... I look at the same things but through someone else's eyes.... innocent eyes, and the world looks all different now.
3. I love being a mom because all it takes to lift me out of a crappy mood is the sound of laughter and the sunny smile that dawns on my angel's (or devil, depending on the day) face. I could be infuriated and it can all melt away, just like that.
4. I love being a mom because I get so many hugs and kisses and I mean the world to someone. It's such a great feeling when S runs across the length of the room and hugs me or decides that one kiss isn't enough and showers me with many.
5. And the best part about being a mom is that someone doesn't mind snuggling against you all night and is willing to be crushed :). There's a strong reference to someone else here!