Monday, July 30, 2007

My wishlist

Everyone talks about how your priorities change once you become a parent. How the child always comes first and how your perspective on life becomes different. All of the above is true for me as a parent as well.

But I find that something else has changed. Whilst earlier my wishlist consisted of material objects, travel fantasies, visions of being a career superstar and other lofty ambitions, I now find it has reduced to something more basic.

1. A shower that lasts more than 52 sec. At the moment it's a quick get in and an even quicker get out as Squiggles is bawling.
2. A long leisurely bath, with some aromatic candles and bubbles... sigh those were the days.
3. 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep (actually this is probably more like 10-12 hours really).
4. To be able to wake up in the morning and then snooze for another 5 mins (I still try but it's not the same with a screaming infant).
5. To have normal sized breasts again (not these things I have at the moment).
6. No stretch marks.
7. Not to have to gobble down a meal or leave a meal halfway because Squiggles has decided that it's unfair that I get to eat while she watches.
8. To have a meal without worrying about whether Squiggles is going to wake up
9. To be able to leave home at a minute's notice without having to collect x number of things and still manage to forget the most important thing (like diapers)
10. To go back to having a more ambitious wishlist :))

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Aww, hang in there. I'd say the first 3 months are the hardest - you'll get a lot of your shower and meal wishes granted after that. The sleep thing, well - a few months more.

Squiggles Mom said...

I hope you're right!!