Sunday, August 5, 2007

0 down, 28 to go

Well a visit to the doctor sorted out this over excited parent. Squiggles isn't teething. According to the doc, she has milk cysts and it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

However, I am not convinced. In a typical proud parent style I questioned the doc 3 times, even forcing her to feel the teeth (or milk cysts depending on point of view). She refuses to accept that these things in her mouth that feel like teeth and are white in colour are indeed teeth. And I refuse to accept this ridiculous statement of fact that these are not teeth but milk cysts.

This reminds me of an incident from another generation. My brother participated in a local talent competition and rendered some composition on his guitar. When the results were announced he was given the consolation prize. Can you guess what happened next? My grandma went and fought with the organisers and scolded them because they couldn't appreciate her sweetheart's talent. The little boy who had won the competition had indeed sung very well which the organisers pointed out to her. However, she would have none of it. Being a very dominating lady, she succeeded in browbeating the poor organisers in changing the results and awarding her darling grandson with the 1st prize.

My brother was now the proud owner of a plastic pencil box with a pencil, eraser and sharpener hidden inside. Lucky fella.

My argument with the peadiatrician reminded me of my grandma! Let's hope I'm a bit more mature when Squiggles performs for the first time :).

No comments: